You do not need any special qualifications to be a Foster Carer.
All we ask is that you are able to offer a stable, loving and nurturing home to a child. Being a good listener is really important too, as well as having the ability to put yourself in the child’s shoes.
Our foster carers come from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and ethnic groups; you can be single, a cohabiting couple, lesbian, gay or transgender.
Childcare experience is helpful, but not absolutely necessary, though you will need to have patience, commitment and a good sense of humour.
Being a Foster Carer gives you the opportunity to make a huge, positive impact to a child’s life.
- You must be over 21 years old.
- Have a spare bedroom.
- You must be a full-time resident in the UK or have indefinite leave to remain.
- You must have good spoken and written English.
- You must have the time and availability to dedicate yourself to fostering.
- Relate well to children and young people.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be committed to training on a regular basis.
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!