Aim High is a small, yet professional Agency and as such is able to treat all carers as individuals with individual strengths and skills. We offer a ‘family feel’ to fostering.
At Aim High our carers receive a very personal and bespoke service to support them in offering the best possible care to children and young people. The Agency prides itself on developing close and positive relationships with everyone in the fostering household.
Directors and Seniors Managers are directly involved in all aspects of the Agency’s work. This includes getting to know prospective Foster Carers, their families and delivering training (before and after approval).
Directors are available for discussion, advice and are hands on when needed, bringing their own personal and professional experiences in fostering.
Each fostering family is allocated a qualified Supervising Social Worker who offers regular visits, advice, advocacy and support. This ensures our Carers are completely scaffolded and listened to.
Our Social Workers only have responsibility for a small number of families at any one time, allowing them the availability and time to fully support their fostering families.
Foster Carers have regular and frequent opportunities to meet together at training, support groups and social events throughout the year, this helps to build support networks, friendships and the sharing of experiences.
Training is offered on a group and individual basis and there is also an extensive on-line training facility available to carers.
In recognition of the important job our carers do, we offer very competitive allowances and financial support packages.
WE WILL SUPPORT YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
Foster Carers choose Aim High because we ensure they receive:
- A family feel to fostering, found only in small, independent agencies
- High quality, professional support 24/7, including Out of Hours support
- Careful matching and consideration given to placements
- On-going training programmes which offer core and bespoke training sessions.
- Monthly support groups for foster carers ( buddying – up scheme for newly approved carers)
- Generous weekly fostering allowances with additional financial benefits throughout the year
- Enhanced Foster Carer rates for carers who have the skills, experience and resilience to support children with challenging / additional needs.
- Membership to The Fostering Network – This includes tress support from trained Nurses when you need extra emotional help and legal cover for you and your household during allegations.
- Management that values the work you do and fully understands the fostering task (Management have previously been foster carers)
- A professional, experienced, qualified Social Worker to undertake your assessment
- A Supervising Social Worker who will be readily available and dedicated to supporting you, your family and child(ren) in placement
If you are thinking about transferring to another Agency and are unsure of the procedure, please give us a call and we will talk you through it.
Transferring simply means going through the same process you went through when you first became approved. However, since you are already fostering, your application should be faster and simpler.
Aim High will support you throughout the transfer process and liaise with your current agency and the local authority to make sure everyone is working together.
If you decide you want to transfer to Aim High, the procedures below will need to be followed:
- Carer has to initially give notice to their current agency/LA explaining they are considering moving to another Agency. This should be in writing.
- Once Aim High has received information that notice has been given, we can begin to proceed with the Form F Assessment. (The Carer must not give resignation at this point)
- If the Carer has a child/young person in placement, a meeting will need to take place to make sure there are no gaps in the support for the child and the transition is seamless. This is usually organised by the LA responsible for the child.
- When the Carer is ready to go to Panel, they will submit their formal resignation letter to their current Agency / LA giving 28 days notice.
Local Authorities choose Aim High because we provide:
- A prompt, professional, committed service
- Specialist placements for children and young people with complex needs
- Highly trained and well supported foster carers
- Excellent outcomes for children in placement
- Fast response to referrals with in-depth and careful matching
- A wide range of diverse placements to meet the individual needs of looked after children