We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, Debbie Burns to ensure we adhere to this policy, she can be contacted by:
In writing: Aim High Fostering Services, Biz Space, 121 Brooker Rd, Waltham Abbey EN9 1JH
Telephone: 020 3744 4522
Why do we collect your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you to discuss your interest in fostering
- To respond to your queries or requests
- To send you e-mails to notify you of foster care related news that may be of interest to you
If you do not provide the information we need for these purposes then we will not be able to contact you in the way you would like us to and will not be able to take your inquiry or interest in fostering any further or respond to any queries or requests.
How do we collect your information?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you. Data is collected when you:
- Make an inquiry, by completing the online website form
- Request an information pack, by completing the online website form
- Sign up to receiving a newsletter by email, by completing the online website form
- Start an online chat through the online chat functionality
- Express an interest in becoming a foster carer through social media channels
What information do we collect?
When you complete an inquiry form, request an information pack, sign up for a newsletter and/ or instigate an online chat we collect the following details
- Personal Data – includes, name, telephone numbers, email address, residing town/ city, and postcode
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- Automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies
How do we use your data?
- Performance of a Contract
We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, and to notify you about changes to our services.
- Legal Obligation
Aim High Fostering Services Ltd are required to comply with the Fostering Service Regulations 2011, the Children’s Act 1989, and Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and this means obtaining, processing and storing personally identifiable and special categories of data in relation to the fostering services provided by Aim High Fostering Services in recruiting and approving foster carers to provide care to looked after children.
- Legitimate Interests
We use information held about you to provide you with information, products, and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with Aim High Fostering Services Ltd.
- Consent (Direct Marketing)
We use information held about you to provide you with information on products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to Aim High Fostering Services Ltd, it is a recognised right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn. Should you wish to withdraw consent, please email email@example.com or by writing to Debbie Burns, Aim High Fostering Services, Biz Space, 121 Brooker Rd, Waltham Abbey EN9 1JH. Alternatively, you can call 020 3744 4522.
Where do we hold your data?
Any data you provide by using any of the outlined methods to contact us will be captured in our online inquiry database system through the website’s content management system and this information is then transferred to our CHARMS Database.
CHARMS is a software application developed by Social Care Network and is a social care database system used to manage every aspect of foster carer recruitment, training, assessment, and approval process. CHARMS has been developed in the UK and is hosted in the UK on a private cloud in data centres provided by UKFast. UKFast is ISO27001 accredited and works closely with Social Care Network
Who will the data be shared with?
In connection with any inquiry or request you make; your information will be passed directly to the relevant business unit within Aim High Fostering Services Ltd. By submitting your personal information through this website, you are consenting to it being processed in the manner described above.
We will not share your personal information with any third party, outside of Aim High Fostering Services Ltd, that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Aim High Fostering Services Ltd, our customers or others.
- To enable service providers, agents or contractors to provide support and administration assistance for the internal operations of our website.
These third parties may come into contact with your personal information in the course of providing their services to us. They must provide equivalent levels of security for your personal information as Aim High Fostering Services Ltd and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Aim High Fostering Services Ltd.
Your rights relating to Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have a number of ‘rights’ to ensure you are treated fairly by the Aim High Fostering Services Ltd.
- The right of access – GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. Aim High Fostering Services Ltd operates both a Data Subjects Rights procedure and a Subject Access Rights Procedure to ensure that all rights exercised by data subjects relating to personal data are managed appropriately. You have the right to access personal information we hold on you by making a request in writing to your local office at any time
- The right to rectification – If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact your local office in writing where we will ensure that we make the necessary rectification.
- The right to erasure (The Right to be Forgotten) – You have the right to have your personal information erased and to prevent processing in some specific situations, however, please be aware that Aim High Fostering Services Ltd can refuse to comply with some or all of a request as we are legally bound to retain certain information to comply with fostering service regulations.
- The right to restrict processing – You can request that we restrict processing your personal information, e.g. if you decide during the application process that you no longer want to continue. Once the decision is finalised and documented, we will restrict processing your information and will continue to store your data in line with our retention policy.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request personal information that you have provided to us for your own purposes. To request information please contact Aim High Fostering Services in writing
- The right to object to processing – Once you have consented to us to process information with regards to your application to foster you no longer have the right to object. Aim High Fostering Services Ltd will continue to process your information to comply with our legal obligations under the fostering service regulations.
- Automated decision-making and profiling – Safeguards for individuals have been introduced by GDPR to protect against decisions being made without human intervention – Aim High Fostering Services Ltd do not use automated decision making or profiling in its work. From time to time, our website may contain links to and from our strategic partner(s), partner network(s), strategic sponsor(s), advertiser(s) and affiliate(s). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small piece of text that is stored on your computer, phone or other mobile devices when using a browser to connect to the internet. Cookies have many uses but specifically, they are used to store information about you on your computer. Unless you have specifically set your computer to reject cookies, websites will already have been using cookies to enhance your online experience.
- In order to comply with EU regulations, visitors to our website now have the option of accepting our cookies. We recommend you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us provide a better service. If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
- The cookies we use on www.aimhighfostering.com collect basic information about our visitors including what pages have been visited and how they found our website. The information we gather does not identify anyone and we make no attempt to find out who has been to our site.
- What we do gain from this information is a better understanding of what our users are interested in on our website and how we can improve the experience.
The cookies we use
- Google Analytics: The Google Analytics cookie contains a randomly generated ID used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookie contains no personal information and is used only for web analytics.
- Cookie Acceptance: This cookie monitors whether or not you have accepted cookies on our site.